The Pebble Beach Tour d’Elegance presented by Rolex is an annual driving event that delights entrants and spectators alike.
Initiated to showcase the elegance of the automobile in motion, the Tour also underscores the early history of the place that is Pebble Beach. Decades before golf links were laid out along the edge of the Pacific Ocean, this area was known for its scenic drive, winding for miles through pine and cypress forest, dancing alongside dramatic cliffs and leading, ultimately, to a beautiful crescent-shaped bay.
The traditional Tour traces portions of the original 17-Mile Drive, traverses nearby mountains and valleys, and pauses for a time in charming Carmel-by-the-Sea; however, due to road repairs on Hwy 1, the Tour route is currently being modified for 2011. Tour participants enjoy a catered gourmet lunch, a champagne celebration at the finish and commemorative gifts.
The Tour is open to all entrants in the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. And spectators are invited to view the Tour at key points along the route, particularly along Ocean Avenue in Carmel.
It is important to note that the Tour and the Concours are directly linked. If two vehicles tie in class competition at the Concours, the vehicle that has successfully completed the Tour gets the nod.
Dates and times for the 2011 Tour are as follows:
- 7 – 8 a.m. – Cars line up near Collins Field in Pebble Beach
- 8:30 a.m. – Tour departs, tracing portions of 17-Mile Drive and nearby scenic roads
- 11:30 – 12 noon – Tour arrives in Carmel-by-the-Sea
- 12 noon – 2 p.m. – Cars are displayed on Ocean Avenue
- 2 – 2:30 p.m. – Tour returns to Pebble Beach
- 3:00 p.m. – Concluding Champagne toast for participants
- Thank You! Photos from 2012 Hunter Finnell Media Party
- Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion, August 19 - 21, 2011
- Peninsula's Classic Car Week commences on Monterey's Historical Fisherman's Wharf August 12, 2011
- Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance presented by Rolex, August 18, 2011
- Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, August 21, 2011