U.S. Open – Olympic Club….Hunter Finnell covered the 2nd MAJOR of the Golf Season for ESPN 630 Sports Radio on the Central Coast. 6 of the 7 days, the weather was un-San Francisco like (SUNNY) in June…but, the REAL Bay Area Summer arrived for Sunday’s Final Round. Tiger Woods fell out of contention for the title, after his first 4 holes…while 2003 U.S. Open Champ, Jim Furyk saw his lead evaporate with a bad drive on the Par-5 16th hole. And, lo and behold. 26-year old Webb Simpson fired his second consecutive 68 on the weekend to edge 2010 U.S. Open Champ, Graeme McDowell by one stroke. Simpson, who hails from Charlotte North Carolina, was an Arnold Palmer Scholarship golfer at Wake Forest University, in North Carolina. Ironic, since Palmer lost a 7 stroke lead at the Olympic Club in 1966 as Billy Casper overtook the famous Arnie to win the U.S. Open at Olympic.
- Thank You! Photos from 2012 Hunter Finnell Media Party
- Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion, August 19 - 21, 2011
- Peninsula's Classic Car Week commences on Monterey's Historical Fisherman's Wharf August 12, 2011
- Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance presented by Rolex, August 18, 2011
- Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, August 21, 2011